Recreation & Athletics Complex Renovation
November 2023 Update
星空无限传媒app 2023 Update
June 2023 Update
Mar. 2023 Update
Jan. 2023 Update
Nov. 2022 Update
星空无限传媒app County Community College and Blue Federal Credit Union are excited to announce a new partnership, as the LCCC Board of Trustees approved the naming of the Blue Federal Credit Union Recreation & Athletics (RAC) Complex at its meeting on Nov. 16.
CHEYENNE, WYOMING - A groundbreaking for 星空无限传媒app County Community College's Recreation and Athletics Complex (RAC) renovation and expansion, one of the largest construction projects in the college's history, is set for Nov. 1.
The RAC is now closed for renovation.
The RAC renovation and expansion is a $20 million project that will be funded with $10 million in capital construction support from the Wyoming Legislature, to be matched by the College. LCCC will provide $6 million in funding through the allocation of current student fees, $1 million in reserves and the LCCC Foundation will provide the remaining $3 million in private gift support.
We have secured the design team, Plan One Architects and contractor, GH Phipps. Both the contractor and architects are working closely together to review the previous plans for the RAC and provide an updated feasibility study for this project.
- Transition the main competition gym into the existing multi-purpose room (MPR), allowing for bleachers on both sides of the competition floor, increasing seating in the gym to 1300+.
- On the West end of the new competition gym, create a two-story structure providing additional office space for coaching staff, locker rooms for our athletic teams, and a weight training room for student athletes.
- Create a Club Level seating area that can be used during athletic competitions or outside of competition for receptions and functions.
- Additional renovated spaces will feature expanded physical fitness spaces, including space for both weight and cardio equipment; small fitness classes; educational classrooms; a caf茅/concessions area and a reception/ticketing counter.
- Create a main point of entry to the RAC, using the doors that are located near the current Multipurpose room (MPR).
- Removal of the swimming pool and transition of the area to a larger and improved weight and fitness area.
- Significant upgrades to the electrical and HVAC systems in the building. These necessary
improvements will address outdated systems that are at maximum capacity and that are
difficult to service.
As we continue to see the impacts of inflation, supply chain challenges and labor shortages in our community, we are also seeing these impacts with this project. When we began our work on the RAC in 2017, the project was estimated to cost $14 million. Today we are trying our best to get it into a $20 million budget.
Our initial reports from our feasibility study, showed a total project cost of approximately $24 million, which has resulted in us making some reductions in scope, space usages and amenities. We are committed to providing our campus and community a quality recreation facility that reflects the support of our Legislature and our community members, but want the community to be aware that we are having to make some difficult decisions about what remains in the project and what adjustments we may need to make.
Renovation Floor Plan